There’s no new JDK 7 version, but Oracle has updated the way users can download the latest Oracle JDK 7 and this broke our Oracle Java 7 installer package, so I had to update the packages to get it to work again. Unfortunately, because of this, all the PPA users will get a Java update even though there’s no new version. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Besides this fix, the latest Oracle Java7 Installer package available in the WebUpd8 Java PPA got the following changes:
* better desktop integration (thanks to Eugene San)
* renamed package name from oracle-jdk7-installer to oracle-java7-installer (and created metapackage for old name). The old name was a bit confusing since this installs both JDK7 and the Java 7 browser plugin, etc. Don’t worry, there’s no need to do anything if you’ve already installed the old package name (oracle-jdk7-installer) - the new one will be automatically installed.
- Package name: “oracle-java7-installer”
- Ubuntu version(s): 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10, 10.04
- PPA: Oracle Java7 Installer