Oracle Java (JDK) 7 update 10 (7u10) has been released today and is available in the Java WebUpd8 PPA. Oracle Java SE Development Kit 7, Update 10 (JDK 7u10) includes additional certified system configurations and security feature enhancements. See the release notes for more info.
Today, Oracle has also updated Java 6 to Update 38 (6u38), and of course, the new version is available in our Java PPA. Java SE Development Kit 6, Update 38 (JDK 6u38) contains Olson time zone data version 2012i and bug fixes. See the release notes for more information.
Note: even though Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and 11.04 Natty Narwhal are no longer supported by Canonical / Ubuntu, our Java PPA continues to provide updates for these Ubuntu versions, which means our Java PPA supports 7 Ubuntu releases (13.04, 12.10, 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10 and 10.04). Also, the packages can be installed in Debian as well as any Debian/Ubuntu based Linux distribution.
For installation instructions and more info, see:
- Install Oracle Java 7 in Ubuntu via PPA Repository
- Oracle (Sun) Java 6 Installer Available For Ubuntu And Debian Users [PPA]
- Package name: “oracle-java7-installer”, “oracle-java6-installer”
- Ubuntu version(s): 13.04, 12.10, 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10, 10.04
- PPA: Oracle Java 6 / 7 / 8 Installer